Through the pages of Freedom Magazine, Marty Rathbun, Mike Rinder and Tom DeVocht have been laid bare—their crimes revealed, their malfeasance disclosed and their stories exposed for the lies that they are.
In that regard, the liar’s game is over and all that remains is a shabby little story that begins like this…
Several years ago, Rathbun, Rinder and Tom DeVocht were removed for flagrant criminality, gross misconduct and financial waste. When they were finally caught out, they teamed up and secretly descended on others in violence. And when caught out again, they spun their tales to the merchants of chaos.
Today they are bitter, broke and busted, motivated by only two things: getting paid and getting even.
Although that story has now been chronicled in full, one final word is due—their own words in their own voice. Accordingly, what you are about to read might well be described as a last truthful look at themselves before plunging off the cliff into obsession.
>>MARTY ON MARTY:
- “I spread the practice of ‘getting the goods’ being the EP [end phenomena] of ethics investigations. Why: Criminal mind let loose, training in on others to go for nasty evil purposes, to the exclusion of whys, because he [Marty Rathbun] considers everyone as evil and f***ed up as himself.”
- “I know my TRs suck in life—that is my continuous missed withhold of committing more overts on post per hour than I can produce to counteract them.”
- “My statistics are horrendous, including contributing to several of the largest legal losses in Church history and some of its worst PR flaps.”
- “The central out ethics intention has been to attempt to go it alone and prove personal worth to the detriment of the group—disestablishing the group, misdirecting the group, the precise opposite of the purposes of this group.”
- “I know I cannot be trusted to have a position of any authority from where I can throw others for a loop as I have been doing… If told to go iron out some line at some org, I would be hesitant and unconfident. The more I try the more harm I do. The biggest source of cross-orders and chaos and counter policy is from me.”
- “I’ve come to realize, with no more assert to the contrary, that I am a Suppressive as an administrator. I understand I need to be replaced. Where I went under for good, and never recovered from, was the night everyone read the [Policies on Production and Exchange], they all finished and I was up the entire night and finished around noon the following day… It wasn’t just that incident—all study went the same and that was the breaking point. I knew from that point squarely—I was so far behind everyone else as an administrator, and was involved in so much full time ‘emergencies’ I’d never catch up as an administrator. For whatever reason I spend so much time clearing words, I don’t ever complete the assignments—I am way behind everybody else.”
- “I created an operating climate of fear. I put on a tough-guy beingness, unfriendly, suspicious and menacing virtually everywhere I went on the base. I was snappy with people in general. I went around with a scowl like I was ready to knock anybody’s block off who made a wrong move. It created a hate atmosphere.”
- “I instituted instant punishment and made an unsafe and destabilized environment.”
- “I inverted Ethics technology to the point where it was used to protect SPs and freed them to make a dangerous environment for others. I grooved people in to heavy ethics—which amounted to punishment with no condition application, itself contributing to black PR of ethics, in that having no purpose to it, no one under my direction could get a result with it. Underlying all this was my own suppressive characteristics of using org position to defend self, rather than increase survival across the dynamics.”
- “My operating basis has been to bring SPs onto the line of the most productive staff member in Scientology and make the environment unsafe by making each SP or external threat the all-important, consuming matter. I wind up reporting ‘what I am doing.’ Because I don’t apply Ethics, Tech or Policy, ‘what I am doing’ is finding out nasty entheta and putting it directly on staff lines. It is a suppressive activity.”
- “I have acted as an avowed enemy over the past several years by continually reporting on how bad people are… while not producing a single product myself… This conduct is suppressive and insane.”
- “On 7 occasions I boxed [name] ears or wrestled him to the ground. Once I hurt one of his ears pretty severely where I could tell it hurt him throughout the rest of the day.”
- “I roughed up [name] on three occasions. I threw him up against a wall… I then grabbed him and forcibly led him outside into private for a tongue lashing… I chased him and tackled him down the stairs and shoved his head into the corner holding his jaw for several seconds… I grabbed [name] by the shirt and lifted him into a wall.”
- “I just got more forceful with [name] to the point where I shoved him against walls and shook him on about 7 occasions.”
- “I interrogated [name] with Rinder and [name]. I slammed him against the wall hard, and pinned his head against the wall with a firm grip on his jaw while I cursed at him loudly.”
- “Counter policies I have been operating on and have spread:
If someone will continually flub and not duplicate orders, then blow them away to knock them out of their dramatization… To the exclusion of all Debug Tech, Cramming Tech, and Ethics Tech.
Harass people into compliance.
Spend most of my time enforcing prohibitions—and don’t spend any time enforcing those doingnesses that are required to get products out.
Whack a guy a few times to get him into present time. If he continues to act not with it, then give up and go find another cycle to handle or hope something changes.”
- “I have been operating on pretense. I grooved in my operating basis of not getting involved in any production. In short, covering up and false reporting on a routine basis, and disestablishing command channels by randomly busting people off of them.”
- “The intentions and objectives of Chairman of the Board are to Keep Scientology Working in all aspects—100% standard tech and admin through 100% standard high-quality organizations continually expanding at an accelerating rate through upgraded dissemination, tech and management units… The intentions and objectives of the group I have become part of are evil, arrogant intentions… while making the rest of the planet wrong.”
- “My actions were squirrel and you won’t find any justification for them in Standard Tech.”